Monday, August 07, 2023

2023 and its been a beautiful journey.

 I am aware that it has been over 4 years since I last updated the blog. There have been a number of people who have prodded me to make an entry into the blog, a few of my patients, friends, and family members but most recently a good friend of Nishan's has been asking him to encourage me to make an entry. 

So Karunesh - this entry is for you.. I may have cheated you off 20 rupees in the Carnival - but my friend - this blog post is for you! In case those reading are wondering what is going on..my young friend was in line to get his palm read in the recent student's carnival where yours truly was the Fortune teller/palm reader! However, since the demand outweighed the supply and time ran out - there were many unhappy customers! So, Karunesh will get a free palm read when I see him next.


Life has been full of God's goodness over the years. We have watched our boys grow in stature and skill. They are good kids, love the Lord, and make Anne and me proud every day. 

Nishan is in Standard 7 and Koby is in 12th grade - getting ready to leave school for College in a year. Nishan enjoys his games and especially loves football and swimming. Koby has taken after me and loves his basketball. Studies fill most of his time now, but he still makes time to shoot some hoops.

Anne is in the community Medicine department and helps run the Obstetric services in the CHAD hospital at CMC. I continue to be a paediatric surgeon at the main hospital at CMC, Vellore. Our family has recently grown bigger with the addition of two ducks who are great fun to look after.



I know this started off as a Cancer blog for my chronicles on the journey with Chemotherapy and Radiation, but the entire process turned out to be an opportunity for me to keep listing things I have to be so grateful for. Each day, each year, and each experience with the family, at work with my patients is a gift and a miracle to experience.  I hope that I do remember to update this more often so that I can look back later and see how many things I have to be grateful for. It is a good exercise and teaches us to count our blessings.

No comments: