Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A new month



It's a new month, and there is so much new that comes with a new month. A change of posting is one for a start - today I started my Plastic surgery posting. It was actually to be my Thoracic surgery posting this month, but since I spent a year working in cardiothoracic surgery, I have been allowed to do another posting instead. I missed my plastic surgery during the Chemo time, so am making up the time now!
Amma, Tripti and I drove over to Madras over the weekend, to get some wedding shopping done. I was a nice trip, and we got most of what we had scheduled to buy, done. Tripti was keen on a rather different colour for her wedding sari, and so we had a long search for the "right" one. Traditional Indian wedding saris are red or maroon and her Sari is going to be..... well, different. The only tough part of the trip was the heat, it was just incredibly hot, the car’s air con seemed like it was packing up and I had to cover the steering wheel with a hanky, just to hold it- hot!
Anne and Koby are still in Kerala, May 19th and they will be back home - hooray! Anne keeps me updated with latest Koby snaps. Here is one to share with you all.
Amma went crazy in a shop in Madras, meant just for new born’s - she proudly told the shop keeper “If I had more money I would buy all you have in your shop for my new grandson!!” (With all the money she had, she nearly did!). Koby now has a new playpen cum crib to sleep in and loads of clothes and blankets that Amma picked out. Anne's parents too are spoiling Koby rotten, Anne's father has got them an air conditioner to keep Koby from the oppressive May heat. Spoilt brat ! I hope he can live the common life that his father and mother are going to offer him in the new house!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tarun,

Donot worry Koby will grow up in good and godly way need not worry he will get all the support from his loving parents too not only grand parents ... iam sure about it . we will all pray for him

Anonymous said...

now uve got me curious...what colour is triptis saree??? Dont tell me ive got to wait till June to find out now that uve mentioned she is going to sport
something 'different'!! Anyways looking forward to it ..see u guys there!

Prerona said...

wow - is that a cute snap or what!

Anonymous said...

Koby resembles his mom !

Anonymous said...

Nice birthday present Tarun..guess its gonna be one of the best uve ever had!