Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My baby's ultrasound.

Anne and I are having a baby. Around 20 weeks it's time to take an ultrasound to see if the baby is doing well. I must admit that going for the first ultrasound is not really an easy thing on the mind. With all that's been going on - how would we have reacted to news that the baby was'nt doing well? I thought about it- but we've placed ourselves into God's hands and the baby too - there will only be 'perfect' to be expected.
And so it was - "PERFECT" As our doctor (Dr. G) did the scan I could see our babies face, it's brain, it's spine, each little finger,each toe, the heart with all it's chamber's, it's umblical cord - this little bump on Anne's tummy was now so much more - I think it's got her chin. I could only watch in awe as the probe passed up and down our baby.
Having this baby is such a miracle. Chemo may make you sterile - or so I was told, and even with artificial methods the chances of conception are complex and unnatural. We actually realized that we are going to be parents a month before I realized I had Lymphoma and looking back the perfect timing of the entire thing has never ceased to amaze us. 'Everything happens for a reason' and 'there is Gods pupose in all that happens to us' - people hide behind not saying this in the arguement that it's too cliche' - but it is remakably true.
PS - this picture isn't Koby, i had my camera in my pocket but didn't take it out (idiot)
Any way we have to get down to choosing a name - I refer to the baby as Koby (greek for baby Jacob), but have to search for something more. suggestions anyone?

4 comments:

silverine said...

How about Mirari if it is a girl and Mirus if it is a boy. Both mean Miracle :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tarun, Went thru your blog. Keep on writing. Cudnt resist searching abt ur illness. Was quite relieved when I read that it is very much curable. Take care.
With prayers,
a surfer.

Thanu said...

Jonathan and Joshua are my fav male names. But everyother kid these days are named Jonathan and Joshua. I like Jermiah too. Andrew is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it...

If you got time , come visit my site,
http://www.themalloftheworld.com/cgi-bin/repcart/CatalogMgr.pl?cartID=3&user=108135513700006&template=Htx%2Fcatview.htx&SearchField=keywords&SearchFor=Baby+names&Submit=Search
It pretty much covers indian baby girl name and similar stuff.