Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Encouragement

It’s funny, but I’ve been feeling rather exhausted at the end of each day. I had done a total of 4 walks around the campus yesterday (5 Km) – one with Anne, one with Appa and the last 2 with Appa’s night walk companions –Sarah Aunty, Suranjan Uncle and Pushpa Aunty. I could barely keep my eyes open by 11pm– steroids can actually decrease the amount of sleep that you need, and I was actually having problems falling asleep earlier. Let’s see how that goes.
I got a phone call from Dodo, last night. I don’t actually blog my phone calls – but this one needs mention. Dodo (Daniel) was a senior in school, and a friend. When I was Sunday school superintendent in St. Johns Church, I could count on him and Eddie (another close College friend) to take over a class where the teacher had not landed up - at the drop of a hat. He has saved my skin that way many a time. Dodo is also a major Bullet man – He borrowed my bike, way back in 2002 and took it for a ride – brought it back with a broken starter and accelerator cable (wasn’t his fault really). Anyways – he saw that I’m saying bye to my Bullet and called to offer a loan of any of his 5 bullets when I need it. Touched? You bet! I may never take it up, but it gives you an idea of the little offers of support that keep life worth it everyday. Its God sent encouragement that makes me wonder how people can doubt God's presence in their everyday lives.
Reshma’s class went off well today. I had a patient who came for his pressure studies and so I showed her how the equipment works too - reinforcement to my class. She is a keen and clever learner. The guy who handles charts in OPD came and asked me why I’ve changed my hairstyle! He! He! At least he thinks I’ve got style!
I gave in my bloods before class and the results are in. My white counts are 4900/ cu mm. Thats high enough to get the next Chemo tomorrow. Yeah!
A snap of friends in my hospital quarters a few months ago to finish!

4 comments:

Visithra said...

Thats a nice line

i just came by from a blog with the title

this too shall pass - so am saying the same here - this too shall pass ;) yet you will still have the love ;)

Naveen Roy said...

Is that Abilashi i see in the photograph??

Tarun Jacob said...

Yes! thats Abhilash? Do you know him. I've written about him on other posts as well. If you want to get in touch with him, e-mail me and I can give you his mobile number or e-mail ID.

Naveen Roy said...

Well, I dont know him too well....met him at a friend's wedding in hyderabad.....and some other guys from CMC, Vellore....